Monday, November 18, 2013

11/18;

Hey Family!
So yeah, I´m sorry about last week. I´m just bad with time and everything but I went to visit Rutillo and Lorena in Alcala! It was soo good. I was so happy to see them. I played with Jimena and had lunch with them and just talked forever. I feel bad it took me so long to go back and visit them but hopefully I can go see them on Christmas before we skype. The rumour is that christmas gets made pday and if thats true, I´m going to visit them and hopefully swing by Torrejon too. Transfers are this week so hopefully I stay here so I can do all that plus I´m finally getting attached to people here. But as you know, I´ve had tons of changes so far so now I just expect the unexpected. Whatever the Lord wants, I just go with His flow, ya know? Haha 
Shoot I have 2 weeks of stories to tell you. Let me see if I remember it all... OH we went to the temple last week. Finally saw the new temple movie. IT WAS SO COOL. And they let us watch it in English. That was pretty neat. Also Hna Olsen and I figured out we live like 10 mins away from the Madrid stadium but its outside of our area. We went and saw it from across the street the other day while we were contacting. We decided if we stay together next transfer, we´re going to a game. For sure! Oh did I tell you how awesome our recent convert David is? He´s bringing us references like candy. The other day he made us come to the church because he said he had to talk to us when we got there, he had a friend with him and he wanted us to give her a church tour and olsen and i just look at each other like... who are you and why are you so awesome! He got the priesthood last sunday and went down to the south to go baptize one of his friends that he shared the gospel with on Saturday. Seriously, he´s so awesome. He wants to share the gospel with his mom, thats what he´s building up to. He always asks us what scriptures he can share with her and slowly but surely is trying to work with her. OH. and i have to tell you what happened with Roger and Maria. So they´re the couple that needs to get married so they can be baptized and they´ve had missionaries come by for the last 2 years and we recently baptized their daughter Rosa, the one thats going to be a General Relief Society President someday... mark my words. Anyways, So we´ve been trying to get them on fecha because they have a date to get married but not baptism when we got here and that makes us nervous because it seemed like maybe se estaban enfriando. you know? So Hna Olsen and I planned this super fuerte lesson and watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration with them. And focused on how easily he could´ve just denied everything and moved on with his life but he didn´t... he acted. And so we talked about the importance of acting upon our faith and I invited them to act and set a baptismal date and they were so excited! It was a good lesson. They´re getting married the 16th and they want to get baptized that same day but we have a mission wide devtional thing we have to go to. So we put their fecha for the 20th and now we´re just hoping that the bishop lets us do it on a Friday because they have their ward christmas party that Saturday. But little details! They have a date and we´ll work it out. No pasa nada. 

One more funny story. We were having correlation this week at the ward mission leaders house. And i don´t know if I´ve told you but there´s 8 missionaries in B1. 3 companionships of elders and me and Hna Olsen. So we´re all gathered in this tiny room when someone knocks at the door and one of the elders answer it.... it was the testigos! They looked so scared. They just knocked on a door and found a room full of mormon missionaries. We just kind of looked at each other... it was really tense for a second. They left us a pamphlet and booked it out of there. Life of a mormon missionary. Its a fun time. Anyways. I hope this was a plentiful email to make up for last week. I´ll be better about emailing. I promise. I love you guys! I miss you a lot. I sent the family a letter for thanksgiving and one for grandma and grandpa. Hopefully you get it soon. Have a good week. 
Hna Palomino

No comments:

Post a Comment