Monday, April 21, 2014

4/14;

Hey Family!
This week has been one of those HOLY COW MISSION MIRACLES week. I don´t even know where to begin. First off, we have put into effect our plan for teaching the branch members out of Preach My Gospel and setting goals with people on what to study and how to put things into effect. We are expecting good results from that. One of the recent converts that wants to serve a mission is now currently teaching US the lessons so that we can help her learn how to teach essentially. A couple of the investigators we had previously found that disappeared for a little bit have met with us again. The biggest miracle however was that Marcel, our french investigator that was gone for a month came back MARRIED to his MA girlfriend because he wants to get baptized. We got there and of course, he doesn´t Spanish and we don´t speak French so we´re kind of just signing to each other and then Ana walks in and gives Clay her phone to talk to her sister from Valencia who is the Relief Society President over there. So while my comp is talking to her, I notice that Marcel has a nice new ring but for some reason, mostly unbelief, I couldn´t remember if your wedding ring goes on your left or right hand. So I´m looking at Ana´s hand when Clay whispers to me... They´re married. They totally got married during their month long trip to France! IT WAS SO COOL! We were seriously so happy! The American that helps us out in the lessons is gone for Semana Santa but we are meeting together on Sunday to finish the lessons and get him on a new baptismal date. We were not expecting that but he is very serious that he wants to make things right and get baptized. We are nothing but grateful because this is all the Lord´s hand in this, we´ve done nothing. We are so excited to have a baptism in Cuenca! Possibly for the first week in May but we still have to work out details.
Its funny how after the trials, always come the blessings. If we work through them and try to be patient and do our best. That´s what Hermana Clay and I have been trying to do. Just be diligent despite the obstacles and somehow we got blessed with one of the best weeks we´ve had since we came to Cuenca. A lot of good stuff happening. I´m working, I´m happy, I´m doing my thing. I love you guys!
Hermana Palomino

No comments:

Post a Comment